Dog saves woman from house fire

Tools

By Melissa Hudson

A woman in Boonville, Indiana was taking a nap when her space heater sparked a fire. Her foster dog is credited with saving her life.

Amy Donaldson was fostering the dog because at least two attempts to place him with new families failed.

Donaldson came home for an afternoon nap and the space heater sparked a fire.

Cherry started licking Donaldson’s face to wake her up.

Firefighters say it saved her life.

"I think she showed me yesterday that she wants to be with me,” said Donaldson. "Cherry Life Saver. She's my favorite flavor of life savor, now
She's Cherry Life Saver.

Donaldson says she is staying at a hotel with the help of the Red Cross but she, her family, and her dogs lost everything in the fire.

This content requires the latest Adobe Flash Player and a browser with JavaScript enabled. Click here for a free download of the latest Adobe Flash Player.