Two Indiana teens to appear on ABC's Boy Band
Two teens from Greenwood, Indiana will be among 30 vocalists on the new ABC series Boy Band, which premieres on June 22 at 8 p.m.
The show is hosted by Rita Ora.
On the first episode viewers will meet the 30 young vocalists who will audition before Emma Bunton, Nick Carter and Timbaland.
Only 18 will make the cut and advance to the next round.
The 30 vocalists include:
- Jon Klaasen (19) – Greenwood, IN
- Andrew Butcher (17) – Greenwood, IN
- Drew Ramos (19) – Bronx, NY
- Cameron Armstrong (22) – Columbia, SC
- Miles Wesley (19) – Marble Falls, TX
- Santino Cardinale (18) – Las Vegas, NV
- Gianni Cardinale (16) – Las Vegas, NV
- Marcus Pendleton (16) – Nashville, TN
- Gavin Becker (18) – Philadelphia, PA
- Sergio Calderon (16) – Redwood City, CA
- Cam Jackson (19) – Willingboro, NJ
- Michael Conor (17) – Cleveland, OH
- Nate Wyatt (20) – Cincinnati, OH
- Jay Gilbert “J Hype” (14) – Las Vegas, NV
- Jaden Gray (16) – Hawthorne, CA
- Chance Perez (19) – Seal Beach, CA
- Alan Ayala (18) – Monterey, Mexico
- Timmy Thames (17) – Malibu, CA
- Zack Taylor (24) – Kansas City, MO
- Dylan Rey (17) – Plano, TX
- Andrew Bloom (19) – Yorba Linda, CA
- Matthew Dean (19) – Thousand Oaks, CA
- Lukas James (15) – Sarasota, FL
- Stone Martin (18) – Hartsville, SC
- Mikey Jimenez (17) – East Los Angeles, CA
- Dorian Tyler (15) – Memphis, TN
- Brady Tutton (15) – Shorewood, WI
- Paul Toweh (21) – Liberia, Monrovia
- Jordan Grizzle (22) – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Devin Hayes (17) – Springfield, IL
In “Boy Band,” undiscovered young talent from across the country battle it out to become a member of the next great music sensation. The 10-episode series will chronicle the journey of young male vocalists who will compete for a chance to show the world that they have what it takes to win a coveted spot in America’s next great boy band and receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records. And for the first time ever, viewers at home will vote for their favorite five band members, live, creating a group America can truly call its own.
At the start of the season, thousands of talented singers audition for one of 18 spots and will need to impress the architects (and America) to evade elimination and capture one of the coveted five spots. Each episode will feature a different theme, and the architects will shuffle contestants to find the best combination of voices to perform live for America. Architects will critique each band’s performance and collectively determine two contestants who are up for elimination. After performing solo “survival” songs, viewers at home will vote for their favorite to remain in the competition. In the finale, America’s favorite five band members will be announced, and they will perform their brand-new single together for the first time.