Brenda Koopsen, Multimedia Journalist
Brenda Koopsen joined ABC 57 in August of 2019 as a Multimedia Journalist.
She graduated from Syracuse University in May of 2019 with a bachelor’s in Broadcast and Digital Journalism and a minor in Political Science. She’s proud to bleed orange! She spent the summer of 2018 in Houston, Texas at KHOU-TV as a Digital Media Intern. Throughout college, she also interned for WAER radio station in Syracuse and even tried her love for politics at a congressional internship.
She was born and raised in San Diego, California and will always be a beach girl. Brenda loves to travel and was fortunate enough to travel throughout Europe during her time spent studying abroad in 2017.
In her free time, she loves to be outdoors, enjoy the sunshine and spend time with her dog. She’s excited to explore the beaches in Southwest Michigan and everything this area has to offer!
What’s on your mind? She’s eager to learn about the issues that matter most to this community, so if you have any story ideas or just want to chat, feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or send her a message on Facebook or Twitter!
Articles by Brenda Koopsen
- Suspects steal hemp plants, mistaken for marijuana
- Jury trial continues for Alyssa Shepherd, driver accused in Fulton Co. bus stop tragedy
- Day one of testimony for Alyssa Shepherd trial concluded Wednesday
- Breakthrough in cancer research discovered in South Bend
- Moldy South Bend apartment makes woman and kids sick
- Another South Bend home condemned leaves family homeless
- Candidates go head-to-head in Elkhart mayoral debate
- Woman loses nearly $2,000 in South Bend home rental scam
- Fourth victim dies in Michigan from mosquito-borne illness EEE
- South Bend institute gets cancer research funding
- Couple missing from Plymouth found safe
- Victim in terrifying South Bend carjacking incident shares story
- Community gathers to remember Riley High School football player
- Man arrested for carjacking again; two children and wife in car
- Town of Bristol giving out free bug spray to fight EEE virus
- Residents say 13-year-old victim of a shooting was an innocent bystander
- Michigan schools raise safety concerns surrounding EEE virus
- Michigan health officials trying to reduce number of kids ingesting marijuana
- Beacon Health System gets five new ambulances
- Cassopolis woman orders shed off Shopify, receives wallet instead
- South Bend schools address food shortage issues
- Not so flushable wipes costing Leesburg thousands
- Cleanup delayed for asbestos-ridden site in South Bend
- Future of Pulaski County Courthouse is uncertain following safety concerns
- Adams vs. Riley football game opens to all parents and students after confusion