John Hammersmith, Meteorologist
I grew up in the small town of Greensburg, Indiana where I gained a passion for the weather as a young kid. I was always glued to the window while storms were moving through.
I attended North Decatur high school and was very active in sports and other extracurricular activities.
I later attended Valparaiso University where I majored in Meteorology and minored in Digital Media. I also was the manager for the Valparaiso University baseball team.
I graduated in May of 2018 and accepted a job in Lawton, Oklahoma at KSWO.
In my two years at KSWO I got the opportunity to do a lot of storm chasing and live tornado coverage. I love severe weather, so it was great experience. While in Lawton I even got the chance to ride a bull in the Duncan rodeo!
In my spare time you can always find me out fishing, hunting, riding four-wheelers, checking out the local breweries and restaurants, or spending time with friends and family.
Articles by John Hammersmith
- Dry and cool weather will last through the rest of the weekend
- Cold temperatures tomorrow, Dry weather into next week
- Crisp, clear fall weather this weekend
- Cold morning temperatures ahead
- Cold mornings on the way for us here in Michiana
- Sunshine and pleasant conditions through Wednesday
- Scattered showers and storms tonight, Sunshine next week!
- Mostly cloudy and cool today, Rain still on the way for tomorrow
- Cloudy and cool today, Rain chances return Saturday
- Strong to severe storms possible tonight
- Scattered showers and storms move in tomorrow morning
- Red Flag Warning again today due to strong winds
- A cold front arrives today bringing strong winds
- Rain chances return during the middle of the week
- Cool temperatures and dry weather this weekend
- Hot temperatures and muggy conditions stick around through tomorrow
- Isolated showers and storms this morning, More heat this afternoon
- The heat and humidity continue to climb this week
- Heat and higher humidity return this weekend
- Sunshine and dry weather will round out the work week
- Cool temperatures and low humidity this week
- Low rain chances tonight, Cooler temperatures next week
- A cold front arrives Saturday evening, Cooler temperatures next week
- Heat and humidity settle in, Low rain chances this weekend
- Sunshine today and tomorrow, Low rain chances Friday
- Wakarusa storm damage
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms Monday
- Hot and humid tomorrow afternoon, Storm chances return late Sunday night
- Beautiful conditions today, Heat and humidity return Sunday
- Fog over corn fields
- Rain activity will remain in the forecast through Tuesday morning
- Scattered showers tonight, More rain chances heading into next week
- Recap of our July weather
- August Outlook, Averages, and Extremes
- Scattered showers and storms arrive tonight
- Hot and humid conditions tomorrow, Scattered showers and storms Monday
- Summer Heat and History of the Hundreds
- Sunshine and mild temperatures today, Rain chances return Sunday
- Scattered storm chances return on Tuesday
- Isolated storm chances tonight, Hot and humid Sunday