Melissa Hudson, Director of Online Content
Melissa got the TV bug while working at the public access station in her high school in Columbus, Indiana many years ago. She was directing live television shows before she could drive.
After high school, she attended Indiana University in Bloomington. While in school she worked at Bloomington Community Access Television where she was a Master Control Operator, then Production Assistant.
As a production assistant, she was part of the crew that covered nearly every government meeting in Monroe County. The best part of the job was learning how government works from the school board, to the solid waste district to the planning commission and city council.
Melissa graduated from IU and earned a full time position at BCAT and was the Programming Director for the government and public access stations.
After seven years at BCAT, Melissa moved to Fort Myers, Florida where she worked in the newsroom at Waterman Broadcasting, which operates NBC2 and ABC7.
She was an Internet News Producer and wrote stories, edited content, created interactive content and live-blogged a double murder trial from gavel to gavel. She won two Edward R. Murrow Awards for Excellence in Broadcast Journalism - Best Website while working at the station.
Melissa moved from Fort Myers to South Bend to be the Director of Online Content for ABC57 and as helped grow the website and social media presence of the station since 2012.
Articles by Melissa Hudson
- ABC announces performers for 52nd Annual CMA Awards
- Man who shot 6 people on Dayton Street sentenced to 100 years in prison
- Before you go: Garth Brooks concert at Notre Dame
- Welfare check leads to man's arrest on drug charges
- Advisory: Don't eat deer from near former Wurtsmith air base
- Indiana's September jobless rate steady at 3.5 percent
- Crews respond to crash involving bicyclist at S. 11th Street & Silverbrook Avenue
- Trick or treat times for Halloween 2018
- Deputies asking for help identifying theft suspects
- Deputies investigating theft of travel trailer
- Deputies release surveillance photos in theft of flatbed trailer
- ABC announces spooktacular specials for Halloween
- 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' the movie is coming
- Groundbreaking held for Michigan law enforcement memorial
- Pompeo: US takes Khashoggi disappearance 'very seriously'
- 3 top Afghan officials killed by guards, US general survives
- Student gunman kills 19, wounds 50 at school in Crimea
- Man shot by South Bend Police indicted by a grand jury
- Driver arrested after leading police on brief chase
- Deputies investigating robbery at gas station on CR10
- Police officer charged with theft at Walmart now in jail
- Another migrant caravan is heading to the US., Trump has already taken note
- Canada now world's largest legal marijuana marketplace
- Melania Trump's plane lands safely after 'mechanical issue'
- Civil Rights Heritage Center designated a local historic landmark
- Trump escalates his attacks on Fed: 'My biggest threat'
- Potawatomi Zoo to open temporary entrance October 22
- Minnesota fugitive captured in Goshen
- Wolcottville residents accused of running marijuana grow house
- Trump attacks porn actress Stormy Daniels as 'Horseface'
- Elkhart man arrested after allegedly driving 108 mph on US20
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Joe Donnelly, Senate candidate (1 minute)
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Joe Donnelly, Senate candidate (4 minutes)
- Warren DNA analysis points to Native American heritage
- Trump suggests 'rogue killers' murdered journalist Khashoggi
- Investigators enter Saudi Consulate where journalist Jamal Khashoggi vanished
- List of Sears and Kmart closings announced Monday
- AG Hill asks Supreme Court to review abortion law signed by Pence
- Notre Dame vs Pitt: The Irish stay undefeated
- Allison and Nick's gender reveal: Boy or girl?
- Live with Todd Burlage: Notre Dame vs. Pitt
- Hundreds return for Notre Dame Marching Band alumni reunion
- Brian Kelly Radio Show: Notre Dame vs. Pitt
- Redzone Remix: Mike Golic
- Breakdown with Bob: Notre Dame vs. Pitt
- Charges filed against driver in fatal crash on Brick Road
- Police arrest man who attacked another man over a job
- Home invasion robbery suspect arrested within an hour
- Michael's death toll rises to 18
- US pastor Andrew Brunson freed by Turkish court
- View the schedule of NBA games airing on ABC57
- View the schedule of Chicago Bulls games airing on WMYS
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend adds names to list of priests credibly accused
- Two arrested in connection with fatal hit and run on Brick Road
- Man delivering prescription medication to Walgreens attacked, robbed
- Driver facing charges after rear ending horse and buggy
- Fugitive from Minnesota arrested in Michigan City
- Employee accused of robbing Burger King wearing a Michael Myers mask
- No charges filed in death of work release inmate
- Mother charged with neglect after 2 children found outside unattended
- Fast-strengthening hurricane closes in on Florida Panhandle
- Turkey to search Saudi Consulate for missing journalist
- Police asking for help identifying suspects who destroyed city benches
- Deputies investigating burglary, auto theft from body shop
- U.S. Senate debate between Donnelly, Braun and Brenton Oct. 8
- Redzone Remix: Michael Young
- Senator Collins backs Kavanaugh, paving way for confirmation
- Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad win Nobel Peace Prize for fight against sexual violence
- US unemployment falls to 3.7 percent - lowest since 1969
- NCAA considers more changes to transfer rules
- Suspect in April Tinsley's murder wants trial moved
- Two arrested in connection with murder of Michigan City man
- Arrest made in May 2018 shooting on Miami Street
- Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh clears crucial Senate hurdle
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Matt Longjohn, 6th District candidate (1 minute)
- Your Voice, Your Vote: Fred Upton, 6th District candidate (4 minutes)
- Police release names of victims shot early Thursday morning on W. Marion Street
- Justice Dept. indicts 7 Russian intelligence officers in international hacking scheme
- Bleachers to permanently close Saturday evening
- Suspect in shooting of 7 officers is competitive rifleman