Richard Bodee, Investigative Reporter
Richard Bodee joined ABC57 in July of 2021 as an investigative journalist.
Richard comes to South Bend from Rockford, Illinois where he worked as the evening reporter for WREX-TV. Bodee covered a variety of different topics at WREX from historic flooding in Freeport, IL to EPA violations to the massive chemical fire at the Chemtool plant in Rockton, IL.
Bodee was nominated for an Emmy Award and won a Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for his coverage of a Black Lives Matter protest in Rockford in May of 2020. He reported from the scene for more than 12 straight hours as a peaceful protest and march turned into a violent clash with Rockford Police.
Richard grew up in the Chicago suburbs. He earned a Master’s degree in journalism from DePaul University and a Bachelor’s degree in journalism from Dominican University, where he played college basketball.
Articles by Richard Bodee
- Family Secrets: Life with Kenny Lain
- New information in the death of 31-year-old Tiffany Helbling
- Preview of ABC57 investigation into the death of Tiffany Helbling
- Metro Homicide Unit disbands as South Bend Police lack officers, detectives to spare
- Autopsy report for 6-month-old Asaiah Molik has disturbing findings
- Justin Miller facing murder charge in death of Mercedes Lain, according to Starke County Prosecutor's Office
- Congresswoman Jackie Walorski on COVID-19, Mercedes Lain, and DCS
- Congresswoman Jackie Walorski reacts to explosions in Kabul, calls situation a 'disgrace'
- Petition asking for investigation into Marshall County DCS sent to prosecutor, Plymouth mayor
- Court documents shed light on Mercedes Lain's father, Kenny Lain's, troubled past
- Expert: Taliban takeover inevitable, a multi-administration failure
- Color-coded COVID confusion clarified, ABC57 breaks down the metrics
- ABC57 Investigates: Suffering in Solitude, what happened to Tiffany Helbling?
- Benton Harbor leaders fed up with gun violence, announce plan to curb it
- PHM parents, administrator meet to address concerns over curriculum
- ABC57 Investigates: Buying Time, new Alzheimer's drug coming to Michiana
- New numbers show increased absenteeism, seniors not on track to graduate at South Bend high schools
- Family of late-Granger man says he went to fire station for help, ended up dead
- Elkhart man exonerated after spending 16 years in prison for wrongful conviction