Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Overheated e-cigarette battery causes small fire on flight

CHICAGO (AP) — American Airlines says a passenger's electronic cigarette caused a small fire on a flight from Las Vegas to Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

American Airlines spokeswoman Leslie Scott says the e-cigarette's battery overheated shortly after Flight 168 landed Friday night. Scott says flight attendants stamped out the fire.

No one was injured. The 138 passengers and crew of six taxied to a gate.

The U.S. Transportation Department has banned e-cigarettes from checked bags because of the potential for them to catch fire. Passengers may put then in carry-on bags, but cannot use them aboard planes.

Scott says the incident was reported to the Federal Aviation Administration, which tracks such events.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?