Drive-by shooting puts bullets in a house
-
1:46
South Bend Cubs surrender late lead as West Michigan scores...
-
2:31
South Bend utilities commission meeting opens up discussion on...
-
4:43
Indiana teachers embrace hands-on learning as cellphone ban...
-
3:04
Benton Harbor redevelopment plans envision new riverfront
-
4:30
Michiana schools share policy violation systems under new phone...
-
2:45
Parents share their perspectives on new school phone law
-
0:58
WWE RAW General Manager volunteers for Chicago Cubs first pitch
-
1:30
Storms Friday night into Saturday
-
5:03
Students adapting to new laws in Indiana
-
4:14
Veteran educators from Mishawaka, P-H-M weigh in on new school...
-
1:22
Fair through much of Friday, Storms possible overnight
-
2:40
This week’s ABC57 Cub Reporter is Rei’lynn Olson
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Neighbors react to a drive-by shooting that sent bullets flying into a child’s bedroom on Thursday night.
South Bend police officers responded to a call for shots fired at 9:15 p.m. on Thursday that led them to discover a house on the 1000 block of Diamond Avenue had been hit with gunfire.
“I thought last night that I heard three shots, and I heard them,” a neighbor said.
Fortunately, nobody was injured, but neighbors expressed concern for the growing rate of crime in the area over the past ten years.
“The violence is getting worse and it’s getting closer. It used to be behind me, and over by the school, all around me, but never in this neighborhood. We need the area patrolled more,” a neighbor said.
The owner of the vandalized home commented that their family is planning to move out of the neighborhood as soon as they can.