Indiana WIC program launches mobile app
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind., Accessing WIC benefits just got a little easier for Indiana women.
The Indiana Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program launched its new mobile app. The goal is to make it easier for users to access the nutritious food and other benefits they need for their families.
On the app, users can:
- Find the nearest WIC clinic
- Access WIC appointment information
- View current and future food benefit balances
- Receive notifications about expiring benefits and upcoming appointments
- Get reminders about what to bring to the appointment
- Scan UPC codes while shopping to see if the item is WIC-approved
- Locate the nearest grocery store or pharmacy where benefits are accepted
This is the newest technological advancement for the program. Last year it introduced its Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card to allow users to buy nutritious food, including fresh fruits and vegetables, without paper checks.
If you need to apply for WIC services you can call 1-800-522-0874, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the mobile website at http://indianawic.ub1.co/.