Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

7 pets die in South Bend house fire

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Two dogs, four cats, and a bird did not survive a house fire on the city’s west side Sunday night.

According to the South Bend Fire Department, emergency crews arrived to the home in the 200 block of Chicago Street just after 9 p.m. to find smoke and flames coming from the structure.

No humans were injured, however, a total of seven pets died in the blaze. The owner of the home was only able to save one dog.

SBFD says they have not determined the cause of the fire but it started in the living room of the home.

The incident is still under investigation.

Share this article: