8 Michigan beaches closed, 6 under contamination advisory
By Carrie Laine
(WNEM/CNN) -- The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality reports there are 14 beaches across the state either closed or under an advisory for poor water quality.
In Mid-Michigan that includes four beaches that are closed and three beaches under a contamination advisory.
- Saginaw Bay- Lake Huron- South Linwood Beach Township Park in Bay County
- Saginaw Bay- Lake Huron- Bay City State Recreation Area in Bay County
- Lake Huron- Port Crescent State Park- Day Use in Huron County
- Lake Huron- Sleeper State Park in Huron County
- Lake St. Clair- St. Clair Shores Memorial Park in Macomb County
- Lake St. Clair- H.C.M.A. - Lake St. Clair Metropark Beach in Macomb County
- Detroit River- Belle Isle Beach in Wayne County
- Eagle Lake- Lakeland Estates in Oakland County
Beaches with contamination advisories:
- Ross Lake- Beaverton City Park in Gladwin County
Houghton Lake- Houghton Lake Heights in Roscommon County
Lake St. Helen - Richfield Township Public Fishing Site in Roscommon County
Grand Traverse Bay-West-Sunset Park in Grand Traverse County
Good Harbor Creek- Good Harbor Creek Outlet in Leelanau County
Otter Creek- Sleeping Bear Dunes- Otter Creek in Benzie County
The-CNN-Wire™ & © 2017 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.