Annual Spring Clean-up beginning Monday in Michigan City
MICHIGAN CITY, Ind. – The Michigan City Police Department posted to Facebook the announcement of the Annual Spring Clean-up from the Michigan City Refuse Department, beginning March 22nd.
The department requests that all residents separate debris that is to be discarded into three categories:
- Piles of brush, limbs, shrubs, yard waste, and unpainted concrete.
- Piles for rugs, lumber, furniture, mattresses, and box springs.
- Piles for appliances, such as stoves, refrigerators, air conditions, water tanks, and un-rimmed or rimmed tires.
The department asks the above items separated as described above, residents may place items on the curbside or in the alleys. The Refuse and Street Departments will not be taking calls for spring cleanup items, residents should place items out for pick-up at their allotted time.
The city will be divided into three zones, with each having two separate weeks when items can be placed out for the special Spring Clean-up.
Residents should place items out for pick-up on the same day as your normal refuse pick-up day, but only during the corresponding week for the Zone residents live in.
The pick-up weeks are as follow:
- Zone 1 will be from March 22nd through the 26th, and from April 12th through the 16th.
- Zone 2 will be from March 29th through April 2nd, and from April 19th through the 23rd.
- Zone 3 will be from April 5th through the 9th, and from April 26th through the 30th.
Yard Waste and Compost pick-up will begin on May 3rd and continue through November 19th.