Are you prepared for Winter?
As winter slowly approaches and snow starts to fall here in Michiana, it's important to be prepared for any situation. That means preparing for the possibility of being stranded in your car on a snow-packed road.
Here's a few things that you need to have stored in your trunk to help in this particular situation:
- Your cell phone and a portable charger
- A shovel to remove the snow
- Non-perishable snacks and plenty of water
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- Extra clothes including hats, gloves, and coats
- A first aid kit
- Jumper cables
It's also not a bad idea to check your fluids in your vehicle and tire pressure, especially before heading out on long road trips this winter.