Arrest made in Sunday morning's double shooting

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. -- A man has been charged with attempted murder and battery with a deadly weapon for a double shooting in Mishawaka on Sunday.

Patrick Talley is accused of shooting DaMario Lane in the chest multiple times, and shooting DaShaun Taylor early Sunday morning, according to charging documents.

According to the investigation, an officer with the Mishawaka Police Department was parked in the 100 Center parking lot watching patrons exiting area bars. Around 3:10 a.m., the officer heard several pops that sounded like gunfire.

Multiple people began to run from the 100 Center parking lot.

When he called out shots had been fired over his radio, he heard additional gunshots, according to court documents.

Several witnesses pointed to a 2 door Chrysler convertible that pulled around other vehicles in order to exit the parking lot.

The officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the car, but the driver fled westbound on Lincolnway.

The car eventually crashed at a fire hydrant in the 2600 block of Lincolnway.

Police said the driver of the vehicle, Patrick Talley, got out of the vehicle and ran towards a wooden privacy fence.

Another officer caught up with Talley and pulled him from the fence, according to charging documents.

Police said a .380 pistol was located in the area where Talley had tried to scale the fence.

The passenger in Talley's vehicle, Darrylon Slade, told police he had gone to Club Sky in the 100 center with Patrick Talley.

At the end of the night, Slade was in someone else's vehicle with two women trying to "hook up."

Talley was in Slade's Chrysler convertible.

Slade told police that's when he heard gunshots and saw Talley driving away in his car. He ran and jumped into the passenger seat.

Slade also told police Talley had a handgun on him while they were in the vehicle running from police, according to court records.

At the 100 Center, officers found Damario Lane on the ground with gunshot wounds to the chest. It was later learned he had been shot three times in the chest, according to police.

Police learned DaShaun Taylor had been shot in the left leg while at the 100 Center. His girlfriend took him to Elkhart General for treatment, reports said.

Taylor told police he was in the parking lot of the 100 Center looking for Lane. He found him talking to Talley, then as Talley began to walk away, he turned around and shot Lane, reports said.

Taylor said he tried to run away and that's when he was shot in the back of the leg.

Share this article: