Berrien County Jail introduces internet inmate visitation
BERRIEN COUNTY, Mich. – There is a new way to visit inmates at the Berrien County Jail, and you do not even have to leave the house to do so.
Berrien County officials are working with a new program that allows inmates face-to-face visitations using the internet.
The technology-based visitation program was initiated Wednesday.
Internet visitation hours are:
Monday to Friday
- 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturday to Sunday
- 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Inmates are required to follow specific rules for the visitations:
- Inmates can only have 2 visits per day
- Inmates can have up to 10 visits per week
- Only 3 visitors per visit (1 visitor must be at least 18 years of age)
- Must be at least 18 years of age to schedule a visit
- All visits are monitored: Inappropriate behavior may cause the visit to be terminated and visiting privileges taken away. The person who scheduled the visit will still be charged the normal fee
To learn more about registering, scheduling, and fees, click here.