Best Week Ever 2020 dates have been announced
SOUTH BEND, Ind.—South Bend Venues Parks & Arts announced on Tuesday that the fourth annual Best. Week. Ever will be held on Saturday, August 1 through Saturday, August 8, 2020.
The week-long event celebrates creativity, culture and progress throughout the South Bend area, according to SBVPA.
Below is the day-by-day schedule for the week:
- August 1: Side-by-Side Parade: Honoring our Local Heroes at East Bank Village
- August 2: Rebel Art Festival at Potawatomi Park
- August 3: Dueling Pianos at Leeper Park
- August 4: Southeast Celebration at Southeast Park
- August 5: Best. Wednesday. Ever. on Western Avenue
- August 6: Recreation Day at Rum Village Park
- August 7: Best. First. Fridays. Ever. with Kid’s Night Out with ROC UR Body and Fireworks in downtown South Bend
- August 8: Sunburst at Four Winds Field
Attendees will have a chance to look at and enter to win a tiny house presented by United Federal Credit Union.
SBVPA and the St. Joseph County Health Department will implement multiple protocols and precautions at the event.
Attendees will be encouraged to wear face coverings and visit hand washing stations frequently.
“We are excited to bring back BWE this year for the residents of South Bend,” said Venues Parks & Arts Executive Director, Aaron Perri in a press release. “While it might look and feel a bit different this year, we are committed to hosting meaningful, community experiences in some of our favorite public spaces. We are working diligently with our event planning partners on a comprehensive precaution plan.”
Visit the SBVPA's website to read the event's precaution plan.
The event series was originally postponed in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic.