BMV extends hours for Election Day
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles will be open extended hours on Monday May 2 and Tuesday May 3 to issue ID cards and driver's licenses that can be used for identification at polling locations.
Branches will be open
- Monday, May 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 3 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
These license branches will only process new, amended or replacement ID cards, and renewed, amended or replacement driver’s licenses and learner permits.
The Indiana BMV provides free, state-issued ID cards for voting purposes to any unlicensed Hoosier, as long as he or she can provide proper documentation and will be at least 18 years of age on or before the next General or Municipal Election.
The following documents are required to obtain a new state ID card or driver’s license (a complete list can be found at online).
- Proof of Identity document, such as a birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of Social Security document, such as a Social Security card, pay stub or W-2.
- Proof of lawful status, such as a birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of residency, two documents such as a voter registration card, utility bill or bank statement.