Chicago Kingsnakes give live preview of Ship and Shore Blues Festival
The Ship and Shore Blues Festival is coming back for its second year. The two day festival will take place Labor Day Weekend in Michigan City.
Organizer say the event outgrew it's original location in New Buffalo and decided to move it to the Guy Foreman Amphitheater in Washington Park.
Artistic Director John Moultrie says, "Last year we 6,000 people and this year we are expecting at least 12,000 people to show up this year."
The festival is presented by Live Music Matters, a non-profit arts organization that celebrates live music through performance, education and community outreach.
The Chicago Kingsnakes performed live on ABC57 News Friday morning. They are just one of the bands performing at this year's festival.
Here is the full line-up:
Saturday, Sept. 3
• Chicago Kingsnakes —Noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Hank Mowery —2 to 3:30 p.m.
• Chicago Rhythm & Blues Kings —4 to 5:30 p.m.
• Liz Mandeville —6 to 7:30 p.m.
• Mississippi Heat —8 to 10 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 4
• Michael Charles —2 to 3:30 p.m.
• Ivy Ford —4 to 5:30 p.m.
• Blue Lunch with special guests —6 to 10 p.m.
For more information head to the festival's website.