Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Child playing with lighter starts blaze, according to South Bend fire investigators

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Fire investigators say a family home caught fire after a child had played with a lighter in an upstairs bedroom.

On Saturday, Feb. 16 at approximately 1:52 p.m., five fire engines from the South Bend Fire Department responded to a residential fire in the 1000 block of N. O’Brien Street.

C Shift fire crews arrived to find a working fire at a two-story residence.

According to a preliminary investigation by the South Bend Fire Investigation Bureau, it was determined the fire had originated in a second floor bedroom.

The cause of the fire was due to a child playing with a cigarette lighter in a second story bedroom, according to a press release.

No injuries were reported.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?