Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Child starts house fire due to playing with cigarette lighter

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- A South Bend home has some major damage.

Fire fighters say it's all because a kid was playing with a lighter. They say the child lit a piece of paper with cigarette lighter.

It happened in the living room of this house on East Woodside Tuesday. When they got to the scene there was heavy smoke billowing out.

There could be as much as $35,000 in damages. Fortunately no one was hurt in that fire.

Share this article: