City of Goshen to award local nonprofits with over $400,000
GOSHEN, Ind. -- Over $400,000 has been awarded by the city of Goshen to local nonprofit organizations in an effort to boost community recovery following the COVID-19 pandemic.
A total of 19 organizations requested American Rescue Plan funds, and a city-appointed review committee awarded part or full sums to all 19 requested grants.
Funds will begin being given out starting on August 1, and all nonprofits will have until December 31 to use the money for community activities that fit the standard of well-being.
The following organizations received funds:
- ADEC, Inc., ADEC Summer Camp, $25,000
- Center for Healing and Hope, Food Security with Dignity and Natural Helpers program, $25,000
- Elkhart County Clubhouse, Home repairs for accessibility and safety, $19,704
- Bashor Children’s Home, Benevolent Care Services and Safe Place Community training, $25,000
- Boys & Girls Club of Elkhart County, Summer Camp Food Support, $3,500
- Bushelcraft, Fresh Food for Families in Goshen’s Food Desert, $5,000
- Child and Parent Services, Family Resource Center Navigator, $10,000
- Council on Aging of Elkhart County, Access to Healthcare, $25,000
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana, Mobile Food Distributions, $20,000
- Goshen Christian Montessori School, Expanding high-quality child-care options, $5,000
- Goshen Community Schools, Field Trip funding, $40,000
- Goshen Health, Weekend Backpack Meal Program, $24,960
- Goshen Interfaith, Homeless Shelter relocation, $20,000
- Goshen Maple City Kiwanis, Tools-4-Schools program, $10,000
- Goshen Select Soccer Club, Capital projects for field development, $75,000
- Horizon Education Alliance, Positive Parenting Program, $20,000
- Maple City Health Care Center, COVID Vaccination for Goshen, $25,000
- Ryan’s Place, Children’s Grief Support programs, $20,000
- ULEAD, Kindness Week Events, $11,500