Closures on US31/20 bypass begin Monday
The Indiana Department of Transportation is beginning phase two of the US31/20 bypass bridge rehabilitation project near the South Bend Airport on Monday, March 28.
Two ramps and lanes near the US31/20 bypass will be closed as crews rehabilitate the bypass bridge over US20.
- Ramp from Southbound U.S. 31/20 Bypass to eastbound U.S. 20
- Ramp from westbound U.S. 20 to southbound U.S. 31/20 Bypass
- Eastbound U.S. 20 left lane closed at the bridge
- Westbound U.S. 20 left lane closed at the bridge
- Southbound U.S. 31/20 Bypass traffic will be shifted into northbound lane at the bridge and there will only be one lane in both directions at the bridge.
Traffic will be detoured around the ramp closures by utilizing the interchanges at the U.S. 31/20 Bypass and Nimtz Road and the U.S. 31/20 Bypass and State Road 2.