Compton Family Ice Arena evacuated briefly on Friday
The Compton Family Ice Arena on Notre Dame’s campus was evacuated Friday around noon because of a small ammonia leak.
At 12:05 p.m., an ammonia leak was detected in the mechanical room of the ice arena.
The building was evacuated.
The leak was contained to the mechanical room.
The South Bend Fire Department HAZMAT unit responded for technical support.
The building reopened at approximately 1:30 p.m.
An employee inhaled a small amount of ammonia and was assessed at the Notre Dame Wellness Center.