Cooking causes house fire in Niles

Cass County Police have confirmed a house fire in the 2700 block of Beebe Road in Niles on the Cass County and Berrien County border.

The call came in at 9:02 p.m. and the Howard Township fire department responded to the scene. They were assisted by SMCAS and Edwardsburg Fire Department.

According to the Howard Township Fire Chief, the homeowner was frying fish when a grease fire erupted.

Everyone made it out of the home with no injuries.

Share this article: