Crews respond to structure fire on Pleasant Plain Avenue in Elkhart
ELKHART, Ind. – The Elkhart Fire Department extinguished a structure fire that happened in the 3400 block of Pleasant Plain Avenue on Saturday.
The fire is believed to be accidental, having originated on the second floor of the building.
The occupant told fire officials that they had left the building for a few hours during which the fire began.
The fire was found to have originated in the bathroom.
The exhaust fan had overheated, causing it to catch fire and sending burning plastic onto the floor.
The fire also spread to the attic.
The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries are being reported.