Crime-tracking tool returns to South Bend Police Department
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – A crime-tracking tool makes its return to the South Bend Police Department, allowing residents to access up-to-date crime statistics in the city.
The tool, formerly known as Crime Reports, is now called CityProtect and features an interactive map that plots incidents around the city and filters that display different types of crimes.
CityProtect is similar to South Bend Police’s Transparency Hub but offers more filters and updates at least once a day.
Residents can use the following instructions to access the crime-tracking tool:
- Visit CityProtect.com or CrimeReports.com (this will redirect to CityProtect)
- Select the South Bend Police Department from the list on the left… or by navigating to on our agency on the map… then click “view agency page”
- On the agency page, choose “explore crime map” from the drop-down menu
- You can then adjust the filters on the left panel to explore various crimes from the time range of your choosing
- If you click on a plot point on the map, a pop-up window will display, offering additional details about the incident
- If interested, you can also create an account and sign up for email alerts tailored to the information that interests you
CityProtect also lets residents register their home or business’s security cameras. This feature is the same as the camera registry the police department issued a few years ago.