DEA Take Back Day provides local pill drop-off locations
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Several groups and locations will be collecting unused, unwanted, and expired medication on Saturday.
April 28th is the National DEA Take Back Day, where selected fire stations will be disposal locations.
According to the Alcohol and Addictions Resource Center (AARC), pills must be in clear plastic bags at drop off.
No liquids or sharps/needles will be accepted.
The participating locations in the South Bend area are:
- South Bend Fire Station #6 – 4302 Western Avenue, South Bend
- South Bend Fire Station #1—1222 South Michigan Street, South Bend
- Clay Fire Station #21 – 18776 Cleveland Road, South Bend
- Clay Fire Station #25 – 12481 Anderson Road, Granger
The local groups and organizations that collaborated with AARC are:
- South Bend Police
- Partnership for Education and Prevention of Substance Abuse
- South Opioid Task Force
- St. Joseph County Police Department
- The 525 Foundation
For more information, contact Sharon Burden at 574-234-6024