Elkhart County gets ready for the Lemonpalooza Festival
ELKHART COUNTY, Ind. -- Elkhart County will be holding its twelfth Lemonade Day Lemonpalooza Festival in May.
The event encourages young entrepreneurs in the area to create their own lemonade stands and take part in Lemonpalooza on Saturday, May 18.
Lemonpalooza will have stands that will be selling Lemonade and contests will take place for the young moguls.
Participants must register online by going to Lemonadeday.org/Elkhart-county.
After registering with a parent or guardian’s permission, participants can pick up their own free Lemonade Day backpack business kit.
Inside the kit will be an educational curriculum to help get the businesses started.
The Lemonade Day curriculum focuses on creating a budget, making a savings plan, giving back to the community and building a lemonade stand.
Backpacks can be picked up until May 17 at the following locations:
- Urban Swirl, Dunlap
- Elkhart Public Library, Main Branch, downtown Elkhart
- Boys & Girls Club of Elkhart
- Boys & Girls Club of Goshen
- Boys & Girls Club of Nappanee
- Boys & Girls Club of Middlebury
- Nappanee Public Library
- Kountry Wood Cabinets, Nappanee
- Das Dutchman Essenhaus, Middlebury
- Elkhart Indian Motorcycle
- ETHOS Innovation Center, Elkhart
- The Twisted Cow, Elkhart
- Centier Bank, CR 17, Elkhart
- Centier Bank, CR 6 Elkhart *Spanish materials also available at this location*
- Centier Bank, Elkhart Rd., Goshen *Spanish materials also available at this location*
Mentor instructions and models are available on the website for adults participating with the youth entrepreneurs.
The event will have food vendors, carnival games and plenty of activities for the family.
Lemonpalooza will have five locations including downtown Elkhart, Centier Bank in Goshen, Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury, Memorial Park in Bristol and City Pavilion in Nappanee.
Each location will be open to the public from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.