Elkhart County Health Department seeking donations of medical supplies, equipment
Posted: Mar 29, 2020 7:21 PM EDT
ELKHART COUNTY, Ind. – The Elkhart County Health Department is requesting donations for a number of medical supplies which they say are crucially needed for health care agencies during the coronavirus outbreak.
The following supplies are needed:
- Surgical Masks
- N95 Masks
- R95 and R100 Masks
- Gowns, Tyvek suits
- Large quantities of homemade masks
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Goggles, glasses, shields
- Hand Soap
- Paper Towels
- Hand Sanitizer with 60% alcohol or greater
- Cleaning Supplies, such as Clorox or Lysol Wipes, and other bleach based cleaners
They are asking any business or individual interested in donating supplies that they contact them via their email at [email protected]
You can also call Emergency Management at 574-891-2238.
Officials say the supplies/resources donated will be equally distributed among hospitals, long-term care facilities, first responders, and others based on need.
For more information, visit the website for the Indiana State Department of Health.