Elkhart County officials share information on local COVID-19 testing
ELKHART COUNTY, Ind.— The Elkhart County Health Department shared information on Tuesday regarding COVID-19 testing in the area.
The county's Incident Command said that anyone who is seeking a COVID-19 test must first go through pre-screening to receive a doctor’s order for a test.
A doctor’s order is required to get a test. The order cannot be obtained at most testing sites.
According to Elkhart County Health Department, the county's testing sites are:
- Goshen Urgent Care on US 33
- Goshen Health Emergency Room (ER) tent outside of the door
- Beacon’s Elkhart General Hospital tent off of Arcade Ave.
- St. Joseph Physician Network People’s clinic for patients who are part of Select Health Network off of County Road 17 (begins April 14)
- South Bend Clinic at Healthy Beginnings (1400 Hudson Street) requires pre-registration by calling 574-307-6870 Heart City Health is testing for COVID-19 at 236 Simpson Avenue in Elkhart. Patients must call 574-293-0052 to be prescreened and if you meet the criteria, you will be scheduled a time to be tested. You do not need to be a patient to be tested at this location.