Elkhart Fire Department quickly extinguishes structure fire

ELKHART, Ind. - A call about a structure fire alerted the Elkhart Fire Department to the Forest Creek neighborhood around 5:30 p.m. on Friday.

Fire officials arrived, quickly extinguishing the fire and assessed the home for damages.

The structure had extensive damage to the attic and living room. 

No casualties, including people and pets, were found, as no one was home at the time. 

Elkhart Fire Department reports this fire was not caused by an electrical meter pulled or the gas left on, ruling this incident an accident. 

A smoke alarm, however, was not present in the building. 

Share this article: