Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Family displaced after fire at Castle Point Apartments

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Firefighters responded to a fire at the Castle Point Apartments in South Bend just after 4 p.m. Wednesday.


When firefighters arrived, they were able to get everyone out safely.


They had the fire, in a second story apartment, contained within twenty minutes.


Firefighters say after speaking with the residents, they believe the fire was caused by a candle and nail polish remover.


"Most of the time when people are lighting candles it's for power outages. When people are lighting them just for effect, you need to be just as careful and make sure it's not located near anything that can burn whether it's flammable or combustible and of course blow them out when you leave the room," said Dave Cherrone Clay Fire Marshal.


No one was injured in the fire.



 

Share this article: