Please note: Over-the-air viewers in South Bend need to re-scan televisions on Friday, October 18 to continue to receive ABC57, MyMichiana, Telemundo, MeTV, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and ThisTV and most other local channels in addition to WBND/WMYS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 18. Cable and satellite viewers are not impacted.

Further information on the re-scan can be found at:

https://www.abc57.com/news/antenna-viewers-plan-to-rescan-your-television-on-october-18

Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Fire Dept: Family pet bumps pan on stove leads to fire

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Fire crews in South Bend rushed to put out a house fire on Huey Street in South Bend on Saturday.

Police told ABC57 that the fire started in the kitchen as a teen attempted to cook lunch.

Investigators said that a family pet bumped into a pan on the stove.

Grease from the pan then spilled and caught the kitcen curtain onfire.

Crews were able to quickly get the fire under control.

No one was hurt in the fire.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?