Fire extinguished at Christ The King School Friday morning

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – A fire was extinguished at Christ The King School Friday morning, Clay Fire Territory reported.

At 8:40 a.m., units responded to the school located on S.R. 933.

Crews learned an electrical fire started in a light fixture in one of the classrooms.

The fire was contained to the light fixture and was quickly put out.

All students and staff evacuated without injury.

The school was closed for the rest of the day because of the smell of smoke in the building.

Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?