Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Fire rekindles at Westville's University Park Apartments

WESTVILLE, Ind. -- An apartment fire sparked back up at a Westville apartment complex.

It happened just before 7 a.m. Wednesday. Firefighters say it sparked back up in a mattress in the same building. A neighbor saw smoke and quickly called 911.

Luckily crews were able to get it out in about 15 minutes.

On Tuesday, fourteen families were displaced after the University Park Apartments first went up in flames. Thirty-five people were affected by the fire, 16 apartments are considered a total loss.

The La Porte County Red Cross said it's the worst fire they've seen in the area in at least two years.

 

Share this article: