Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Fire sparks up in an Elkhart McDonald's kitchen

ELKHART, Ind. -- McDonald's employees stood in the cold on Thursday morning waiting for fire crews to put out a kitchen fire.

At 1 a.m. a fire sparked in the kitchen of the McDonalds on S.R. 19 in Elkhart. No one was hurt buy employees made a fast dash out of the restaurant when they saw the fire.

Employees couldn't go on camera but told ABC 57 News that a grease fire prompted the evacuation.

Fire crews quickly put out the fire. Workers were then allowed back into work, not to cook but to clean up in the kitchen.

The restaurant is now back up and open for business.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?


Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?