Galien schools closed due to gas leak

GALIEN, Mich. -- School was closed in Galien on Monday morning, due to a gas leak.

Superintendent Tim Allard said it was so cold that the custodian powered up a heating unit for the school early.

Allard said that the unit had a bad igniter and it caused gas to build up in the building.

The gas has been cleared out since, but as a precaution, students were asked to stay home.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?