Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Good Samaritan saves family from burning home

CLAY TOWNSHIP, Ind. -- A Clay Township family escaped an early morning house fire, thanks to a complete stranger!

ABC 57 was the only station on the scene as firefighters put out the flames!

The fire broke out around 3 a.m. on Wednesday at a home on Highland Drive.

The homeowner told us he smelled smoke, and then, heard a loud car horn.

It turns out, someone driving by saw the fire, and started honking to wake the family up!

"We're very thankful that someone was driving by and was nice enough to honk their horn and made sure we all got out. A couple of neighbors stopped by, so we feel pretty blessed to still be sitting here,” said Ryan McAfee, who survived house fire.

No one was hurt.

The fire appears to have started in the ceiling.

Firefighters think it caused about $75,000 of damage.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?


Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?