Goshen High School evacuated due to gas smell

GOSHEN, Ind.—According to a post on the school’s website, an evacuation has been lifted and students are heading back inside following a smell of gas at Goshen High School on Wednesday.

Gas was shut off at the school as NIPSCO and the fire department worked to determine the origin of the smell, the original post said.

Students and staff were evacuated but returned to the building shortly after the smell was traced to a kitchen appliance in a Family and Consumer Science classroom and NIPSCO gave the all-clear, the update said.

Share this article: