Health officials announce new drive-thru testing sites in Michiana locations
Health officials in Michigan and Indiana are setting up drive-thru testing sites in Michiana locations for people who are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced that there will be expanded access to testing sites throughout the state of Michigan, one of which will be located in Benton Harbor.
The testing site will be located at the InterCare Community Health Network on 800 M-139. The site will be up and running by April 13.
Officials say the Benton Harbor drive-thru site will be able to test 100 people per day.
Health officials in Michigan have laid out the following criteria for people seeking to be tested for COVID-19:
- Hospitalized patients.
- Symptomatic healthcare workers.
- Patients in congregate facilities with symptoms, including those at:
- Long-term care or elderly living facilities.
- Jails or prisons.
- Homeless shelters.
- Residential foster care facilities.
- Other group living settings.
- Patients age 65 and older with symptoms.
- Patients with underlying conditions with symptoms.
- First responders with symptoms.
- Critical infrastructure workers with symptoms.
In Elkhart, a drive-thru testing site will be held by the South Bend Clinic.
Testing will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information, go to the website for the Elkhart County Health Department.