High wind alert causing power outages, closings across Michiana
Posted: Feb 24, 2019 11:31 AM EDT
A High Wind warning is in effect until 1 a.m. Feb. 25 for Michiana residents.
The High Wind warning affects LaGrange, Starke, Pulaski, Marshall, Fulton, Kosciusko, Cass, Elkhart counties and others in Indiana.
In Michigan, the warning impacts Cass and St. Joseph residents among others.
During a High Wind warning, winds of 30 to 40 mph with gusts topping at 65 mph for some areas are expected.
Motorists are asked to use caution as high winds can move objects into roadways.
Our meterologists have the latest on weather-related news.
- Fernwood Botanical Garden is closed Feb.24 due to weather conditions.
- Indiana Michigan Power: Report an outage | Power outage map
- NIPSCO: Report a power outage 800-464-7726 | Outage map
- Consumers Energy Outage map | Report an outage
- Midwest Energy Coop Outage map and report an outage