Indiana BMV to extend hours for election day
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles or BMV will extend their hours of operation for customers to get proper identification needed for voting.
The BMV announced on Thursday that their hours of operation on Monday, Nov. 5 and Tuesday Nov. 6 will be extended to issue ID cards and driver’s licenses for voter identification.
The new hours are as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 5 - 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 6 - 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Those wishing to obtain a ID or a driver’s license will need the following documents to do so:
- Proof of Identity document, such as a birth certificate or passport.
- Proof of Social Security document, such as a Social Security card, pay stub, or W-2.
- Proof of lawful status, such as a birth certificate or passport.Proof of residency, two documents such as a voter registration card, utility bill or bank statement.
The branches of the BMV will return to regular hours on Wednesday, Nov. 7.
For further information, visit their website at IN.gov/bmv