Indiana DNR is looking for public input on proposed wildlife rule changes
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The Indiana DNR Division of Fish & Wildlife is asking for the public to comment on proposed Deer and Turkey Hunting Equipment Amendments.
These proposed amendments include rules regarding muzzleloaders for deer hunting, legal equipment for turkey hunting, and beaver trapping season start and end times.
A full list of proposed changes can be found here.
Participants have three ways to comment on these changes:
- Virtual public hearing on Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 6 p.m.
- To join by phone using audio only, dial 415-655-0001 and enter access code 180 633 9948## when prompted
- To join using video, go to this link, enter the meeting number, 180 633 9948, and password, KxfcMPqS932
- First-time users of WebEx should log on at least 10 minutes early to allow the platform to download
- Online public commentary:
- Go to this link
- Locate the “Comment on this rule” link under the heading "Rulemaking Docket" for the FW Deer and Turkey Hunting Equipment Amendments
- The deadline for these online comments is Friday, Feb. 12 at 11:59 p.m.
- Mailed comments:
Natural Resources Commission
Indiana Government Center North
100 North Senate Ave., Room N103
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Final voting with the Natural Resources Commission will take place in March.