Indiana State Police seeking recruits for 82nd Recruit Academy
The Indiana State Police is accepting additional applications for the 82nd Recruit Academy.
Applicants interested in becoming an Indiana State Trooper must apply online by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 29.
The following are basic eligibility requirements for an Indiana State Trooper:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee. (Appointment date is June 16, 2022)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to operate an automobile.
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
The starting salary for an Indiana State Police Department Recruit is $1,615.3 bi-weekly during the academy training. Once training is complete, the starting salary is $48,000 a year.
Visit IndianaTrooper.com for more details on the application process and information on other career opportunities with the Indiana State Police.