Ironwood Drive construction to bring traffic closures and restrictions
SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Crews will begin construction on Ironwood Drive on Wednesday. The reconstruction plan will create traffic restrictions and closures.
The Ironwood Drive Pavement Rehabilitation and Intersection Project funded through an Indiana grant will give the road and intersections a makeover, but may cause a headache to drivers in the meantime.
- Road construction detours and closures are as following:
- Ironwood Drive from Edison Road to Oak Park will be closed.
- Northbound and southbound traffic will not be able to cross Edison Road.
- East and westbound traffic on Edison Road will be one lane in both directions.
- Traffic will not be able to turn south onto Ironwood Drive.
- Southbound traffic on Ironwood will be detoured west on Edison Road to SR 23, south on Twyckenham Drive and east on McKinley Avenue to rejoin Ironwood.
- Northbound traffic on Ironwood will go as reverse. Ironwood Drive to Mckinley Avenue to Twyckenham Drive to SR 23 to Edison Road, before rejoining Ironwood.
Ironwood from Roosevelt Street to SR 23 will have temporary lane restrictions as well as Ironwood from Corby Boulevard to Edison Road.
South Bend Department of Public Works reminds detours will be in place 24 hours a day until construction is complete.