Madison and Marion streets to be converted to 2-way streets
Posted: May 7, 2015 8:13 PM EST | Updated: May 7, 2015 8:43 PM EST
Marion and Madison streets will be converted.
The project is expected to take 60-90 days.
The Marion-Madison Streets Two-Way Conversion project is proposed to include the following major components:
- Conversion to two-way operation through changes in pavement markings
- On-street parking areas will be defined on Marion Street
- Pavement markings will be removed on Madison Street between Marion and William Streets
- Reconstruction of west end of Madison Street to create a T-intersection at Marion Street
- Removal of traffic signal at Marion Street and Lafayette Boulevard
- Intersection becomes 2 way stop with stop signs on Marion Street
- Replacement of sections of sidewalk in poor condition
- Replacement of sod in tree lawn areas adjacent to sidewalk replacements
- Removal of trees in poor condition from the tree lawn
- Planting of new trees in the tree lawn throughout the project area
Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!