Major roadwork to start in St. Joseph County
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. – St. Joseph County will be starting road striping, chip seal operations, and roadway grinding and grading operations the week of Aug. 19th.
Crews advise that it takes about three minutes for the paint to dry on the road for the road striping.
To prevent drivers from driving through wet paint, crews are providing advance warning signs saying, "Paint Crew Ahead", two shadow vehicles marked with flashing lights and signs stating "Wet Paint Do Not Pass", and cones on the beginning and end of the newly repainted lines.
The striping will take place from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m on the following roads:
- Western Avenue from By-pass ramps to Mayflower Road
- Fillmore Road from Country Club Road to Mayflower Road
- Edison Road from Lydick to City of South Bend
- Lincolnway Highway from Mayflower Roundabout to Lexington Roundabout
- Ardmore Trail from Pine Road to City of South Bend
- Adams Road from Ironwood Road to Fir Road
- State Line Road from Laurel Road to Ironwood Road
- Auten Road from Lilac Road to Hazel Road
- Hazel Road from Brick Road to Auten Road
- Brick Road from Hazel Road to Hickory Road
- Brick Road from Gumwood Road to Fir Road
- Cleveland Road from SR 931 to Fir Road
- Pendel Street from Roseland to Juniper Road
- Douglas Road from SR 931 to SR 23
- Juniper Road from Douglas Road to Cleveland Road
- Darden Road from Laurel Road to Emmons Drive
- Brick Road from Laurel Road to Hollyhock Road
- Laurel Road from Darden Road to Auten Road
St. Joseph County will be performing Chip Seal Operations.
The following roads will be closed for a two hour period while crews work, detour routes will be posted:
- Ash Road from Kern Road North to end of Road
- Ash Road from New Road to Kern Road
- Ash Road from County Line to to Pierce Road
- Ash Road from Osborne Road to New Road
St. Joseph County will be performing roadway grinding and grading operations.
The roads listed below will be closed to through traffic between the hours of 6 am to 4:30, flaggers will be present to help local traffic:
- Shively Road from Dogwood Road to Cedar Road
- Shively Road from Miami Highway to Gumwood Road
- Pierce Road from Kenilworth Road to Miami Highway
Delays are expected.