Man accused of stalking, threatening to kill the mother of his child
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. -- A man is facing multiple charges for allegedly stalking and threatening to kill the mother of his child, according to court records.
On June 16, the victim reported to Mishawaka Police that Angel Torres had sent her text messages stating he would kill her. She told police she had an active protection order against Torres, reports said.
The victim showed police two text messages sent by Torres that said, "I'm going to break every bone in your face for lying to me" and "your [expletive deleted] dead," according to the probable cause affidavit.
While the officer was attempting to take photos of the text messages, Torres repeatedly called the victim's phone, reports said.
When the officer answered the phone and identified himself, the caller hung up, reports said.
On July 17, the victim contacted police again to report receiving multiple calls, voice mails and emails from Torres. Torres allegedly said he is coming for her, will kill her with his bare hands and will crush her skull, according to the probable cause affidavit.
Later the same day, Torres sent an email to the victim that included a photo of the house she was moving into and said "You broke my heart and I'm coming for you," according to the probable cause affidavit.
On August 23, the detective spoke with Torres' probation officer. Torres told her he had been in contact with the victim, but has been careful not to threaten her, reports said.
Torres also told his probation officer the victim said she didn't want to press charges, but would only show one text from the victim that mentioned not pressing charges, reports said.
On August 27, detectives served a search warrant for Torres' phone.
While obtaining the phone from Torres he told police, "The whole situation hasn't been pretty…but I can tell you right now I got our son…I'm watching our son while she's at work…I tried to talk to her about dropping the restraining order…I can't blame her for being a little timid about dropping it after what's happened." He also allegedly said "Even if I got mad and things got said it was in the heat of the moment," according to the probable cause affidavit.
While searching Torres phone, detectives say they found:
- Two contacts for the victim, including one that included *67 - the prefix to block a number
- 336 phone calls to the victim between August 3 and August 27, 2019
- Hundreds of text messages including "I'm [expletive deleted] u up," "Threaten me with detectives I'm beaten to [expletive deleted] yo" and "I'm beating the [expletive deleted] out of you."
On August 27, detectives served a search warrant for Torres' email account.
The search located 530 emails sent to the victim from May 20 to August 11, 2019, according to the probable cause affidavit.
The emails included one that was sent in May that said, "Laugh it up im gonna [expletive deleted] kill you for taking this from me!! Im not playing with u anymore," according to the probable cause affidavit.
The victim had a protective order against Torres from November 9, 2017 to August 29, 2019.
Charges against Torres were filed on October 8. He has been charged with stalking (felony), invasion of privacy with prior conviction for invasion of privacy (felony), intimidation (felony), invasion of privacy (misdemeanor), and two counts of intimidation (misdemeanors).