Tip Line: 574-344-5557 | news57@abc57.com

Man injures himself with homemade fireworks

MAPLE ISLAND, Mich. -- A man was injured after the homemade firework he tried to ignite exploded on Saturday night.

Sheriff's deputies told us that Charles Harbin made a homemade firework out of a paper towel tube and black powder. As Harbin tried to ignite the firework, it exploded and hurt his hand.

Harbin sustained injuries to his right arm and hand and had burns on his body.

He was airlifted to Bronson Hospital's burn center for medical treatment.

Police are still investigating the situation.


Share this article: