Michigan Gateway Community Foundation awards grants for a dozen local programs and charities
BUCHANAN, Mich. -- The Michigan Gateway Community Foundation has approved the granting for funds to a dozen Berrien County and Cass County charities and programs.
- The Underground Railroad Society of Cass County will receive $5,000 for support of the Friends of The Bonine House. These funds will help with required makeovers and conservation of the Bonine House in Cassopolis.
- Buchanan Scarecrow Charities will receive $16,627.49 for the outfitting of their new facility in Buchanan. Part of the building will also be available for the Buchanan Robotics Team.
- First Presbyterian Church in Buchanan will receive $2,000 to support an upcoming equity and inclusion forum.
- Buchanan Community Schools will receive $3,000 for the creation of the Buchanan Test Prep Fund. This will be available to all Buchanan students and will provide free test preparation classes for the SAT and ACT tests.
- Buchanan Community Schools will receive $2,645 for the All Kids Bike program. This program will provide bikes and curriculum for Buchanan Kindergarteners.
- Region IV Area Agency on Aging will receive $12,375 for the support of seniors recovering from COVID-19 at home. Additionally, these funds are also available for senior home repairs in Niles.
- United Way of Southwest Michigan’s Annual Cass County School Supply Spectacular will receive $3,500 to provide new backpacks and age-appropriate school supplies to Cass County students.
- The Buchanan Senior Center will receive $14,000 for the creation of a laptop library for local seniors.
- City of Buchanan will receive $1,600 for the benefit of One Buchanan’s mental health forum.
- The Michiana Family Center will receive $4,950 for a mentor program, pairing adults with young people in the foster care system within Berrien and Cass Counties.
- The Performing Arts Workshop will receive $3,000 to provide scholarships to students looking to learn performing arts in Niles.
- The Cassopolis FFA will receive $1,347.74 to provide scholarships, jackets and club equipment.
For more information on Michigan Gateway Community Foundation, or to make a contribution that supports your community, click visit here.